Manifest your feeling


A Short Story,
There was a boy named Rahul. He was to appear in his 12th grade board examination in couple of days. Like most other students, he wasted his year in doing nothing. The examination day was at doorstep and he was now realizing that more than the result which he will have to face, he lost those precious days of practicing perseverance to get through any small or big milestone in life.

As certain, the result was not in his favor. He was destroyed within himself. He managed to gain courage to show his result to his parents. His parents’ reaction was obvious. They kept lamenting over his result and lost time.

It is indeed true that we realize about importance of things, time and even people when it is gone. Rahul was bound to understand what he lost. He tried to combat the situation but somehow self-condolences went in vain. Days went by, Rahul was heading towards utter silence.

After few months, one day his father was back from his work and called Rahul in his room. He said, “Son, we had a company event today in which I won this prize. We were asked to share this prize with the one we love the most in this world. The moment I was selected to play this game, I decided to share this with you if I win “.

With tears rolling in eyes, Rahul questioned, “Dad, I failed in my examination before few months. I am not worthy of your love and trust anymore. Why do you still love me?” His Dad smiled and answered, “Son, I understand what you been through these days. I can read your eyes”. Perhaps, silence is better understood than words.

Rahul responded, “Dad, please allow me to confess one thing. I decided to commit suicide today night. The reason is not my failure but I thought I lost my place in your life. I was shattered with the ripple effect of my failure. I can fight failure but not your hatred or pain”.

If this conversation was delayed even by one day, probably we would have lost Rahul. This incident was an eye-opener for Rahul as well as his Dad.

 Your grades are not your identity
If we grind this incident multiple times, the residual will be our character. Rahul undoubtedly failed but one failure (in personal or professional life) cannot decide our future.
More than the result, our approach to handle the result defines our character. Result is often an amalgamation of efforts and luck but our values are always unquestionable. If we have the courage to fight back any situation, we should not tear ourselves into pieces by failure. If we are sensitive enough to understand others’ condition, we should not get depressed by anger, hatred or ignorance.

There is always a back-end story to what we see in front
We encircle ourselves and others around results, to develop opinions and judgements. Just because an individual failed to gain something, we have no right to label him anything we believe. We cannot claim an act as immature, false or improper by being a mere audience. Prejudice and Judgments are strictly one’s intellectual property and cannot be true at any time. We can never imagine in what situation, under what circumstances and in which mental condition, an act is exhibited. Only a wearer knows where the shoe pinches.

Speak your heart
We often miss to convey our love and gratitude to our closest ones. Showing our care means a feeling that we will always stand by their side in odds and evens. A selfless feeling, which will be free of condition as well as result.

Let us evolve to win people, not result.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Foreverness...

Let's keep it Simple