I see Humans but NO HUMANITY…


HUMANS ARE NOT ABOVE ALL, HUMANITY IS ABOVE GOD

I received a very impressive message yesterday about this year 2020, especially for cricket lovers. It was, “It is raining, can we just end this 2020 by Duckworth-Lewis method?”

This one-liner message is very loud and clear. I feel, we just have to breath this year. If we can manage to do this on our own, we have already embraced victory. Everything else, will happen at its time. This pandemic is a trigger event for all of us for countless things and gestures that we have missed in our way of living. Apparently, if we take proper care of ourselves, we are indirectly contributing in well-being of others. It was not known till this year that, a proper hygiene habits and care would get so contagious J

When we will start enjoying our regular office environment, a mask-free journey, Sunday brunch, a sound-sleep in afternoon, one-hour long drive with family and a full course meal in a lavish restaurant, please make sure to remember that we could live all these because thousands and lacs of doctors, medical staff, sanitation staff, health workers and similar group of people devoted themselves 24*7 in this crucial and burning time to gift us our normal life back. Their contribution should be cherished till humanity exists. Our true test of gratitude and humanity will commence once we will be VIRUS-FREE. And if we will fail in that test, then God will definitely have his Plan-B.

A small story on this note which is above an individual, above a religion and even above God (for me), because it is a story of Humanity.

An old Fakir, aged 70 years was a true disciple of Allah. With all his belief, his love, his conviction, his heart, he used to offer Namaaz to Allah every day. Given his immense hope towards Allah and positivity which he carried in his personality, he was respected amongst his people.

One day in the month of Ramzan, the old Fakir was on way to Masjid as part of his daily activity. Being Sunday, he was accompanied by his disciples, his friends and his well-wishers. Suddenly, he saw a man coming towards him. That man did not look rich by his clothing, had small but satisfied smile on his face and a vessel in his hand. The man stopped by his side and asked fakir to give his valuable 10 minutes. With eyes full of curiosity, old Fakir placed his hand on his shoulder. This gesture is generally rare from both the parties.

The man said, “I have already taken much of your time unknowingly so will not take more time now, though I have a lot to say. I was a thief and I used to steal hard-earned money of people. One day, I was forced to attend your address to people because I had to hide myself from Police. I do not know why that happened but your words changed my life. Since that day, I work as an employee of a store and serve my family with my hard-earned money. People have forgiven and accepted me, but I could not do the same with me. I have brought some sweet for you with the money I earned through my hard work. You are not less than God to me so if you accept this, I will consider that as acceptance of God.

With a sense of satisfaction, the old fakir smiled and took a piece of sweet. Soon he was about to take a bite of it, his friends, disciples stopped him and made him realize that he cannot eat this and specially from this man. It is Ramzan and Allah will disapprove all his prayers and punish him if he eats this.

The old Fakir replied, “I can accept Allah’s punishment if I eat this but I cannot afford to disrespect this man’s gratitude. I will not be able to bear that punishment which Allah will give me if I reject this”.


I wish we all will be blessed to get an Old Fakir like him in our life!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manifest your feeling

Foreverness...

Let's keep it Simple